You may think of Microsoft 365, formerly Office 365, as the software that gives you PowerPoint and Word, and in more recent years has helped us interact with colleagues and loved ones through Teams, but 365 encompasses many more tools to improve productivity, save money and provide powerful security.
Microsoft 365 offers benefits to all types of businesses, from charities to SMEs and corporate organisations. Microsoft 365 allows you to keep your teams connected wherever and however they work, ensuring productivity and effectiveness. Collaborate with Teams, share files with SharePoint & OneDrive and communicate through Outlook and Exchange.
- Secure – Powerful security options protect you from email-based attacks, malware, and more
- Productive – Enable workers to focus on what matters most while tracking productivity and goals
- Connected – Keep employees connected and working efficiently no matter where they work
- Reliable – Supported by Key Digital to give you all the tools you need to do business effectively
Microsoft 365’s benefits are clear to see, but how can they impact certain sectors such as charity? There are numerous ways that charities can experience positive change thanks to this service:
- Improved productivity – The Outlook and Exchange tools allow you to connect with co-workers and customers without any complications, which makes organising events and keeping up-to-date with general tasks a breeze.
- Quality communication – Microsoft Teams keeps you and your co-workers on the same page always thanks to its chat, online meetings and calling functions, which ensure that all events/ ideas/ plans are communicated effectively.
- Reduce cost – With Microsoft 365’s paid subscription you can download apps onto five different devices per user. As it’s a cloud subscription service, you pay per user per month, as opposed to buying licenses per device, allowing your charity to be more flexible.
Small and medium-sized enterprises use Microsoft 365 thanks to its interactivity, ease-of-use and how it adapts to different operating systems. This all makes for a seamless, simple and satisfying experience when using Microsoft’s tools. But, specifically, how can SMEs benefit?
- Reducing manual paperwork – Microsoft Forms makes inconvenient, paper-based forms a thing of the past thanks to its ability to digitise such forms which reduces the amount of manual paperwork that needs to be done.
- Gathering insights – The ability to create polls, surveys and questionnaires to gather valuable data and information from employees and/or customers to further improve your business is granted to you with the Microsoft Forms tool.
- Automation – Using the Power Automate function, repetitive everyday business processes are automated. This is useful for freeing up staff time and ensuring that tasks are completed efficiently without the risk of human error.
Corporate organisations carry a huge amount of responsibility, and ensuring security and protection from every possible threat is a real challenge. Fortunately enough, Microsoft 365 is prepared for such situations:
- Cyberthreat defence – With Microsoft 365, corporations can be protected against viruses, malware, phishing attempts, ransomware and other threats thanks to its multiple built-in data encryption features which ensures that if any device is lost, the data will be impossible to access.
- Cloud storage – Microsoft 365 comes with 1TB of OneDrive storage so that you can manage your files online and have access to them wherever and whenever you need to, from any device that connects to the internet.
- Simple IT management – The IT management feature makes setting up and managing users, data and devices simple, allowing you to focus on the more important and relevant aspects of running a business.